BEST TRAVEL AGENCY
AAA Travel Agency
Hawaii Travel Tips From AAA
The Automobile Club of Southern California sends hundreds of its members to Hawaii every year. To get the most out of your Hawaiian adventure, Auto Club Westways magazine TravelSmart columnists Paul Lasley and Elizabeth Harryman offer the following top tips on what to see and do:
• Immerse yourself in the Hawaiian culture. Many hotels and resorts in the islands offer classes in hula, lei making, and the Hawaiian language. On Oahu, visit the
Bishop Museum to learn more about the culture and history.
• Consider a vacation package. Pleasant Holidays offers convenient packages that include airfare, accommodations, airport transfers or a rental car. Optional perks such as a lei greeting or a helicopter tour are also available.
• Indulge in regional cuisine. Classically-trained chefs use fresh local ingredients to create some of the world’s best food. In Honolulu, check out the AAA Five Diamond Chef Mavro. And try local specialties like spam musubi and malassadas, Portuguese-style donuts (the Home Maid Bakery on Maui has great ones).
• Do some of our favorite things on each island. On Maui, watch the sunrise at the top of Haleakala; on Kaua‘i, visit the botanical gardens; on Hawaii Island visit the heiau (ancient temples) along the Kohala Coast and Volcanoes National Park. In Waikiki, go to the House Without a Key lounge at the AAA Four Diamond Halekulani hotel at sunset, listen to a local musical group, and watch dancers perform hula in front of a century-old kiawe tree.
• Work with a travel agent. A travel agent experienced in Hawaii can help you find the vacation that best suits you. Visit any of our local branches in Alhambra, Arcadia, Glendora, La Verne, Montebello, Pasadena, or West Covina to speak with a knowledgeable Hawaii expert.
• And finally, enjoy the spirit of Aloha. You won’t find it anywhere else in the world.